Monday 10 March 2008

Frog Spawn

A couple of weeks ago I was taking a walk in one of my local woodlands. Strolling along one of the tracks, I came across this in one of the puddles:


frog spawn!

I was a little surprised to see so much of it, in so many puddles! I thought it was very early for such behaviour but clearly not for my local frogs. I shall be visiting the woods again soon to see how they are fairing. There might be lots of amphibian tracks to see soon!


Technorati Tags:, ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

2 comments:

Mungo said...

Fascinating to see, each little dot to become a hopping little frog. It's a little cold and snowy here in Toronto to see that sort of thing. Wish I were in warmer climes!

Cheers,

Mungo

Jon Simons said...

Well, it is warmer here than in Canada but we still complain about how cold it is!